Ultra 12 and Endure Hardcore
Over the weekend of 18/19 July, we’re taking part in the Ultra 12 in Pangbourne, near Reading. A team of Mind charity supporters will be running in the team event, whilst one particularly exuberant supporter will be taking part in the full 12 hour event. They’ve also got a 50km and a 50 mile race available – there really is something for everyone (if you’re stupid enough!).
The premise is simple for our runners – run as many laps of a 5 mile course as you can within the allotted time. But here’s the thing: it starts at 7pm and finishes at 7am – this bad boy is a night time challenge – head torches at the ready!
We reckon this is a great event for people new to team running/ultra running and for teams of up to 6 people, it’s fairly relaxed and not too taxing. When you want to make it more taxing, you could take a look at the organisers’ other lapped running events, Endure 24 and Endure Hardcore:
We’ve also got a team entered into Endure Hardcore over the August Bank Holiday weekend on 29/30 August. It’s in its first year this year, but we know with a setting like Pippingford Park in the stunning Ashdown Forest, it’s guaranteed to be a winner (unlike us, as we’ll be too busy having fun in the camping festival atmosphere to be running too hard!).
For more information on events by Race Solutions, visit their website
- Berlin didn’t go well - September 19, 2018
- Exercise and mental health… - August 10, 2018
- Mind Shakedown Run - April 6, 2018
- I should really train for New York - October 1, 2017
- Exercise for the Elderly - May 18, 2016
- Windsor Running Festival and Running4Women 10k - May 26, 2015
- Ultra 12 and Endure Hardcore - May 22, 2015
- Daisy’s Half Marathon Training – It’s Race Week! - February 20, 2015
- Endurance Season: nutritional tips - February 9, 2015
- Firefly Recovery Aid - January 25, 2015